Get your staff trained in Techniques of Alcohol Management. TAM® gives owners, managers and staff the tools they need to be safe and responsible retailers of beverage alcohol.
TAM® is an educational program developed by the licensed beverage industry in conjunction with liquor control, law enforcement, highway safety and substance abuse organizations. Created in 1982, TAM® has proven extremely effective at increasing point of sale prevention efforts in the areas of underage purchases, identification procedures in both tobacco and alcohol, serving of intoxicated customers, and recognition of third party sales.
The primary purpose of this program is to educate and train business owners and their employees to create environments that are safe and comfortable for everyone. By implementing responsible hospitality practices, a business can reduce liability risks and enhance the potential for increased profitability. The material presented in this program offers a variety of problem-solving techniques as they relate to the operation of businesses selling beverage alcohol for consumption on and off the licensed premises to meet the following goals:
- To lay the groundwork for an attitude of professionalism and ethical conduct among service personnel who sell beverage alcohol. Beverage alcohol is a regulated substance and society has placed significant responsibility on the server to dispense it properly.
- To demonstrate how to effectively identify and respond to false identification and underage purchasing and possession.
- To demonstrate how to effectively identify and respond to intoxicated customers.
- To identify methods to maintain safety, control of the establishment, positive image and good customer relations while responding to beverage alcohol incidents.
- To promote a clear understanding of federal, state and local laws relating to beverage alcohol sales. Remember, the true mark of a professional is placing the interests of the customer above all other interests. By taking this course, you are taking the first step to being a true professional.
The OLBA provides the hospitality industry all the resources needed to keep yourself or your staff fully trained. See below for our options for the training program.